CIOs, IT Heads, IT Directors & IT Managers, Information Officers,
Head of Compliance of corporate companies,
government departments & medium to large enterprises in SA.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR:
We will be covering POPI Implementation Strategy,
King IV, Data Privacy
& Data Protection
You may have thought about or implemented a POPI compliance strategy –
Now comes an opportunity to perfect it!
Listen to the finest minds on the subject give us the benefit of their experience as we
all reach for the best POPI Strategy possible.
The seminar will also provide an exclusive opportunity for attendees to discover effective enterprise solutions, meet with seasoned
Information Officers, partake in open floor discussions as well as
share experiences with various industry sector peers from the Public and Private Sectors including Finance, ICT, Government, Transport, Manufacturing, Retail and Healthcare to mention but a few.
The format of the POPI Challenge Cape Town event is based on
interaction and learning over the one day where the audience will hear from industry leaders as well as have the opportunity to engage in open floor discussions and gain valuable insight from these
The conference will also provide a unique and exclusive business-to-business platform for IT executives
and industry leaders to network and engage.
We will be covering key topics including:-
- The Corporate Governance of Information & Technology – (Covering the principles of Corporate and Operational Governance) – Carolynn Chalmers
- Current IT Governance Standards including King III, Cobit 5, ISO 38500
- Executive responsibilities with respect to IT Governance
- The changes proposed by the King IV report
- Evidencing governance practices
- Data protection and data privacy strategies – Hein Mulder – Shoprite Checkers
- POPI Strategy for Implementation presented by Christoff Pienaar – Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyer
- The 4’Ps of POPI and why CIO’s won’t achieve compliance – Caroline Mouton – POPI Compliance
- POPI 360 Degree Solution Presentation – Etienne Herbst – MD Red Edge Solutions
- HP Enterprise presents on their Data Protection Solutions
Comments from Previous IT Events
CAPE TOWN SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Francis Cronje – POPI Specialist (POPI – cloud(y) days ahead)
• Peter Du Plooy – CIO Engen
• Anna Collard – Founder Popcorn Training
• Barry Devlin – 9 Sight
• Jeff Kahn – Surelife Trainer & MC
• Sharon Knowles CEO – Da Vinci Forensics
• Athar Naser – Director Primedia
• Marc Rossman – Director Mobility – Deloitte
• Werner Puchert – Experience Strategy Lead
• Érik van der Vyver – Patent Attorney at Von Seidels
• Lynette Hundermark – Managing director of Useful & Beautiful
Francis Cronje He was instrumental during the drafting and refinement of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and acted in an advisory..
Peter Du Plooy Peter du Plooy gained an MBA, his highest degree, from the University of Cape Town. He completed an IT programme at Harvard Business..
Dr. Barry Devlin is a founder of the data warehousing industry and among the foremost authorities worldwide on business intelligence (BI) and beyond..
Sharon Knowles Da Vinci Forensics is a Cape Town based firm offering specialist forensic and risk management solutions to commercial companies l..
Anna Collard is the founder and director of Popcorn Training Pty Ltd – a company that promotes IT & Information Security awareness training in..
Athar Naser As an experienced digital media professional Athar has had several roles that have contributed to his love and expertise in content and content..
Marc Rossman Senior Consultant Deloitte South Africa. Founder – Northside Fibre Project May 2015 Science and Technology..
Werner Puchert initially focused on User Experience Design and was an active member of the Information Architecture Institute which earned him a nomination..
Eěrik van der Vyver, Patent Attorney at Von Seidels, ICT/CII/electronics/software specialist. Topic: Protecting ICT intellectual property – patents, licensing, trademarks..
Lynette Hundermark With over 15 years of experience in the tech, digital marketing and mobile solutions space, Hundermark co-founded specialist mobile solutions…
Jeff Kahn Founded JEFF KAHN TRAINING IN 1998 and has trained and motivated 100’s of people over the years. He has consulted and trained providing..