We look forward to hosting you at the 5th CIO Challenge Johannesburg taking place on the 20th of September 2018 at the Black Eagle Hotel Ruimsig, Roodepoort.
This year we will be discussing key challenges facing CIO’s, IT Managers & Compliance Officers being POPI & GDPR Compliance, IOT, AI, IR4.0, Data Breach, Cybercrime, Cloud, Digital Disruption, Digital Transformation and more…
Insight on GDPR and previous fines and penalties:
Regulators didn’t lay out specific process for companies to implement, but they did lay out the goals. With the regulation in effect, regulators have multiple ways of pursuing companies that failed to comply, though the subjective and complicated execution of fines means no two verdicts may be alike.
But sufficient privacy in light of compliance is no easy feat for the
enterprise. Companies implementing a privacy program across business departments are faced with a difficult task.
There are two main avenues by which regulators will begin looking into a company:
- If there is suspicion that a company is not conforming to the new
regulation, a data protection authority will assess the case.
- If citizens who believe their data subject rights were violated go to a court or contact a national data protection authority.
Fines before GDPR include:
- The U.K.’s Financial Reporting Council fined a record 5.1 million pounds ($6.6 million)
- UK Regulator fined a Bank for sloppy outsourcing
Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) fined a wealth
management unit of U.S. bank 3.08 million pounds ($4.6 million) for being unable to show it was giving clients the right advice
The conference will also provide a unique and exclusive business-to-business platform for IT executives
and industry leaders to network and engage.
This year we will be discussing key challenges facing CIO’s, IT Managers & Compliance Officers being GDPR Compliance, IOT, AI,
IR4.0, Data Breach, Cybercrime, Cloud, Digital Disruption, Digital Transformation and more…
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
• Cuan Kloppers – CIO Unlimited ( Previous CIO Samancor Chrome ) BI Back To Basics
• Kobus Pienaar – CIO Vedanta Resources- Current IOT –IR4.0 implementation case study
• Ridwaan Boda – Director at ENSafrica | Head of Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law – Data Commercialization versus Privacy Rights
• Johan Eloff – Magna Group-POPI & GDPR Compliance & GDPR Software Compliance Tool presentation. (Gap Assessment)
• Candice Sutherland – Cybersecurity Specialist – ITOO – Hollard Insurance – Current Cybersecurity Threats & NOW Time for Cyber insurance
• Derek Friend – CIO – CloudINX – The Future Cloud Strategy & DR
• Sylvia Bopape – Group IT Manager – Babcock International Group – Preparation for GDPR Compliance
• Deloitte Presentation
CIO CHAMPIONS GROUP
To get updated info and to make connections with other IT Leaders & CIO’s, please join our CIO Champions group on LinkedIn.
You are your own goldmine. Invest in your learning success today
IT Conferences Welcomes Parity / Sage Solutions on Board.
Comments from Previous IT Events